Enrollment verifications are free of charge and can be delivered by e-mail, fax or mail. If you request to have them mailed, please provide a pre-addressed, stamped envelope.
An enrollment verification indicates that a student is attending, or has attended classes, during a specified period of time.
A degree verification indicates whether a student has earned their degree.
The following are types of verifications that can be requested:
- Lender verification- verifies number of credit hours enrolled and enrollment status for a specified semester (typically used for lenders, Good Student Discount, health insurance, or family visitation letter.)
- NM Motor Vehicle Division- verification attesting to a home address as in our records to obtain a NM driver’s license.
- Enrollment dates-verifies all enrollment dates and enrollment status for each semester attended.
- Degree verification- verifies degree(s) awarded and date awarded.
- GPA verification- verifies all semesters’ enrollment status, dates enrolled, term GPA, and cumulative GPA (grade information is not released with student consent).
- Military ID/Graduation date- verifies enrollment for a specific term, program of study, and includes anticipated graduation date.
- Semester grade verification- verifies courses and grades for a single semester (grade information is not released with student consent)
You may request an enrollment verification through your student account on my.nmsu.edu. If you are no longer attending, you may request an enrollment verification by mail, e-mail, or fax. The request should include the following information:
- student’s full name and any alias
- student’s social security number
- student’s written signature
- type of verification
- semester needed for verification
- anticipated graduation date (if applicable)
- return fax, e-mail, authorized person for pick-up (if other than the student), or mailing address (if providing a pre-addressed stamped envelope).
For more information, contact:
Mark Medina, Enrollment Verification Specialist
University Student Records Office
P O Box 30001, MSC 3AR
Las Cruces, NM 88003